International Yachting Law
Our main course of practice. Accumulating over 20 years of experience in practicing International Yachting Law, we have set the benchmark ...
Our main course of practice. Accumulating over 20 years of experience in practicing International Yachting Law, we have set the benchmark in the East Med while expanded our clientele in Europe, Middle East, U.S.A and South Asia.
We have established a long time co-operation with most European Shipyards and many of their dealers in Europe. We have been acting as legal advisors and lawyers of a number of E.U. Banks, specialized in yacht financing and yacht leasing. We are also co-operating with a number of Insurance companies for all yachting matters.
Our office is handling a significant number of worldwide yachting cases per year and we keep detailed statistic data regarding the type, size, flag and method of financing for every yacht we handle, which have been occasionally used by various authorities (Ministries, Naval Chambers, Media, Banks etc.) in their effort to make credible estimations regarding statistics about the Yachting Industry.
Throughout the years, we have built and still maintain excellent relations with all the major firms and key-people engaged in the sector worldwide (shipyards, agents, brokers, lawyers, Custom Agents, Naval Agents, Port Authorities, State Authorities) whom we repeatedly work with, on many cases each year.
- Yacht sales contracts
- Flagging and registration consultancy
- New building contracts
- Charter parties
- Refitting contracts
- Crew labor and insurance consultancy
- Litigation and arbitration services
Legal advice throughout the duration of the yacht ownership
- Yacht financing
- French-Italian Leasing
- Bank guarantees
- Acting as stakeholders for yacht sale and purchase contracts
- Adjustment and litigation regarding Insurance claims
- Yacht, crew and passenger insurance
- New building insurance
- Yacht Financing MII coverage
- Consultancy about different Yacht tax provisions and V.A.T regime
- Temporary Importation
- Comparison between different charter regimes
- Compliance with multi-destination and multiple use requirements
- Consultancy to Flag States, Ministries, M.Y.B.A., Brokers, Yacht Agents, Shipyards, Banks, Brokers’ Associations
- Preparation of new laws and decrees
- Harmonization with EU and ILO legislation
- Legal Opinions
- Articles, Speeches and Presentations to International Yachting fora and media